Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Gates

The Gates (Samuel Johnson, #1)The Gates by John Connolly

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Loved! Such a fun read.

There seems to be a debate about whether this books is supposed to be for pre-teens or adults. Personally, I think its good for any age group from middle grade age on up to big kids like me. The main character is an 11 yr old boy who's parents have split up, he's misunderstood by most adults, and his neighbors have opened up the gates of hell.

I love the characters Connolly has created from young Samuel Johnson and his little dog to Nurd the Scourge of Five Dieties. This book is full of humor and satire and the macabre but its all in good fun. I laughed so much through this read.

Overall, I loved it. If you are looking for something that not so serious and could use a good laugh then pick this one up. You won't regret it.



View all my reviews


For more on this book, check out the Amazon link

The Gates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...